Subject: Separating OpenFormula from (the rest of) ODF 1.2

Dear ODF TC,

While reading Doug Mahugh's blog post about ODF Spreadsheet interop, I
noticed this sentence:

"According to recent discussions in the ODF TC, we may send the other
parts of ODF 1.2 out for public review first, to allow more time to
finish up Open Formula"

http://blogs.msdn.com/dmahugh/archive/2009/05/05/odf-spreadsheet-interoperability.aspx

I have been digging through the meeting minutes from your TC
Coordination call minutes, but I haven't been able to find further
information in those to verify this nor provide addtional information
to the reasoning behind this decision.

Can you confirm that you are actively considering this approach?

If this is so, I'd strongly encourage you to reconsider this. ODF 1.2
needs OpenFormula and I'd much rather wait for a "complete package"
than ODF 1.2 with delayed formula specification - especially because
that leaves a door open for OpenFormula never making it into ODF 1.2
before it is approved within OASIS.

I hope you will take this into consideration,

--
Jesper Lund Stocholm
www.idippedut.dk