Subject: Re: [office-comment] Numbered Headings,clarification required (ODF all versions)

Hi Alex

Alex Brown wrote:
> Oliver-Rainer hi
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
>  > Your given ODF is not valid,
>
> On a technical point it is valid to the schema (or, at least it was when
> I wrote it!)
>
>  > because the text:style-name attribute in a
>  > <text:h> element shall refer a style of family paragraph - namely
> something
>  > like <style:style ... style:family="paragraph" ...> - and not to a
> data style - in
>  > Your case a <number:number-style> data style.
>
> Looking at 1.2 CD03 it states:
>
> “This attribute specifies a style by name, with the additional
> requirement that it belong to a particular family of styles. “
>
> So should this in fact be re-worded to match your description? (I don’t
> understand what “a particular family of styles” means in the existing
> text, anyway).

I found the following text in ODF 1.2 CD03 in 18.876.7:
"The text:style-name attribute specifies a style that must have the
family paragraph."
The text that You are referencing is the general one regarding
text:style-name.

>  > A certain heading shall be displayed with a number, if
>  > (A1) the corresponding <text:h> is included in a list as the first
> child element
>  > of a list item OR
>  > (A2) the corresponding <text:h> is included in a numbered paragraph
> as the
>  > first child element of it OR
>  > (A3) the outline style is applied to it. The outline style is applied
> to a heading
>  > within a text document where the heading's paragraph style does not
> define
>  > a list style to use itself.
>  > Beside A1, A2 or A3 the corresponding list level style of list
> style/outline style
>  > shall specify that the list label is a number.
>
> Cool – is some clarifying text like this going to be included in the ODF
> spec?

I think that these things are already stated in the specification:
A1 is given in 4.3.4 of ODF 1.2 CD03 - <text:h> is a possible child
element of <text:list-item>.
A2 is given in 4.3.6 of ODF 1.2 CD03 - <text:h> is a possible child
element of <text:numbered-paragraph>.
A3 is given in 15.15 of ODF 1.2 CD03.

That a list label is a number is given by the corresponding list level
properties of a list level style.

Best regards, Oliver.

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (od) - OpenOffice.org Writer