Subject: Re: [office-comment] Requirement

On Monday 01 March 2010 01:16:31 am ronnie thebonnie wrote:
> It's quite tedious and error-prone to have to watch out for always having
> the all the files on one place. ODF could solve this by only adding a
> packaging container to store all the files in one file. This offers more
> convenient manipulation (moving, copying,...) on the file level and
> compression can be used to reduce storage requirements.
I think this is out-of-scope for ODF. The container format is a trivial
element of the ODF work, the current ODF container element has specific
elements that simply wouldn't be present in a web archive (e.g. styles), and
it would be better to work in a more appropriate venue (e.g. IETF or W3C) to
define such a container.

Brad