Subject: Re: [office-comment] Request for fixing problems in handlingKihon-hanmen in ODF 1.2

Makoto,

One question of clarification:

The W3C work referred to in the comment makes extensive use of examples,
which are going to prove to be difficult for those of us who lack
expertise in Japanese typography to extract the required rules.

According to that work, however:

> The normative definition of kihon-hanmen is provided in JIS X 4051,
> sec. 7.5.

Question: Can you or members of the Japanese national body provide a
translation of that section of JIS X 4051 and suggested text for use in
ODF 1.2?

Thinking it would be quicker for experts to suggest the required text
than for non-experts to guess at what might be acceptable.

Deeply appreciate the interest of the Japanese national body in ODF!

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick