Subject: (Ed) 3.10.2 <config:config-item-set> [ODF 1.2 Part 1, Public ReviewDraft 03 of Jan 19th 2011]

Hello ODF TC,

The section 3.10.2 concerning configuration of application settings
has had the following text added:

"An ODF Consumer shall use application settings to alter application
behavior only within the dimensions of variability permitted by this
standard."

Please add a bit of guidance to what this actually implies. Examples
of what is OK (my take: zoom level) and not (my take: font
kerning/line height when using East-Asian chars) would be highly
valuable in terms of interoperability.

--
Jesper Lund Stocholm
www.idippedut.dk