Subject: Re: [office-comment] Reference/library implementation of OpenFormula?

Hello John,

We briefly discussed your question in our ODF Technical Committee meeting yesterday.  Many implementers of ODF applications are members of the committee, so we have a good overview of what is out there.

None of us was aware of a standalone library for evaluating OpenForumula expressions.   Personally I know that has been some interest expressed in having such a component, in Java, as part of the Apache ODF Toolkit [1], but no one is currently working on that.

Regards,

-Rob Weir, Co-Chair OASIS OpenDocument Format Technical Committee

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/