Subject: Re: [office-comment] Reference/library implementation of OpenFormula?

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:45:42 -0400, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> None of us was aware of a standalone library for evaluating OpenForumula
> expressions.   Personally I know that has been some interest expressed in
> having such a component, in Java, as part of the Apache ODF Toolkit [1],
> but no one is currently working on that.

I believe it would be quite easy to implement a standalone OpenFormula evaluator.
Parsing it is intentionally easy, and there are only a few simple data types.
The predefined OpenFormula functions are often, unsurprisingly, functions
that are already implemented in other languages (including Java).

Small-group in particular is really easy, and compiler-compiler tools
(such as ANTLR) should make it especially easy to prep one.

Is there a particular programming language, license, or use case you have in mind?

--- David A. Wheeler