Subject: Re: [office-comment] Formatting in spreadsheet

Andreas,

I tested all of this in LibreOffice Calc. I got the next phraze from Brian Barker <b.m.barker@btinternet.com> in the Libre Office forum (users@global.libreoffice.org):

The definition of ODF says that the format code is "a sequence of characters with an implementation-defined meaning", so clearly it cannot be saved in the document file exactly as you enter and see it. A bit of experimentation suggests that instead, an explanation of the format is included in the "styles" element, and this allows only such things as "decimal-places", "grouping" (whether you want the thousands separator), "currency-symbol", "min-exponent-digits", and so on. This would suggest that your desired format, although acted upon by Calc, indeed cannot be saved in an .ods file and is lost when you attempt this.

I just asked him to specify where this is found. This is what I got back from him:

Op 3 jul. 2014, om 16:32 heeft Brian Barker het volgende geschreven: