Subject: OFFICE-354 is not about Change Tracking

I just noticed that OFFICE-354 is moved to Fix For: ODF 1.3.

The associated public comment is not about Change Tracking.  It is about carrying multiple versions of a document in the package.

There is an existing Versions feature in LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice, inherited from OpenOffice.org that implements this.  This is on the File | Versions ... menu.  This feature is orthogonal to Change Tracking, which can also be in effect on the saved versions.

I suspect this is more of a Package feature than anything.  Currently, it involves adding a VersionList.xml and one or more Versions/Version1, Versions/Version2, ... where each Version_i is a complete package of the correct type (e.g., an ODT file).

VersionList.xml is completely an OpenOffice.org creation, e.g.,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<VL:version-list xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";
        xmlns:VL="http://openoffice.org/2001/versions-list";>
    <VL:version-entry VL:title="Version1"
            VL:comment="This is an exercise in versioning"
            VL:creator="Dennis Hamilton" dc:date-time="2014-09-23T15:43:55"/>
</VL:version-list>

 - Dennis