Subject: FW: ODF 1.2 is published ISO standard since 2015-06-17

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2015 13:36
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org; 'LO dev fdo'

Thanks Regina, that is great news.

A few somewhat serious items:

 1. It is not necessary to pay the ISO/IEC Swiss Franks tax for those documents.  They are available as Publicly Available standards at <http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/index.html>.  (Scroll way down to ISO/IEC 26300-1:2015 and those below.)

 2. There was an agreement that the previous ODF 1.1 Standards (and the Addenda/Corrigenda) would remain available as ISO/IEC 26300:20?? (not 2015).  That does not seem to have happened.

 3. There is a fourth document, having no part number, that provides important information about the three parts that are published.  (I suppose, technically, it is ISO/IEC 26300-0:2015).  The problem with this ungainly part being omitted is that it includes the Conformance Requirements for ODF 1.2 that apply to parts 1-3.  I don't believe those have been moved.
    Because of this, I recommend that folks download the authoritative ODF 1.2 specifications from OASIS, since the text is presumably identical, with substitution of ISO/IEC covers and front matter.
    The full set of all forms of the OASIS ODF 1.2 specifications can be downloaded in a handy Zip, with the necessary schemas and all parts -- PDF, ODT, and HTML.  Go to <http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/> and take what you want or get the entire package by downloading OpenDocument-v1.2-os.zip.

I will forward these comments to SC34 WG6 and the OASIS ODF TC Comment List.

 - Dennis