Hi OpenDocument Format team,
During preparation of the documents for publication, we noted some items which should be considered for possible change.
- These deal withÂthe documents themselves, and in general not the technical content, except for some outdated "part number" references as noted.
- Some items noted in the HTML renderings (like Tables) can probably be addressed by modifications to the ODT source.
- Many Normative References do not have active hyperlinks, even when a URL is shown as text.
- The documents contain a large number of linked cross-references to section numbers. These are extremely helpful. However, they are not present in the HTML version (they become plain text). If these cross-references were formatted as hyperlinks instead of cross-references, they could also function in the HTML version.
- Some elements are not properly handled in HTML generation. This is probably outside the scope of this review, but may be of interest to OpenDocument editing software developers interested in improving this aspect.
-- PNG object inside a frame is discarded in generating HTML (apparently... - see Part 3 Section 19.628 comment below)
-- style information lost for many text items (partially fixed by manual editing in this publication)
Part 2: Packages
- In Section 1.5, the first line mentions "part 3", but it should be "Part 2", the current Part. "part 3" also appears in the title of Table 1.
- In Section 1.5, in the HTML version, the first two tables are rendered without borders or dividing lines, while the third looks fine. It would be helpful to apply the table styles from Table 3 in Tables 1 and 2.Â
- In Appendix C, near the end, the link to [ZIP] is broken or malformed.
Part 3: Schema
- There are two broken links noted in the text:
-- the Non-normative reference to [BibTeXing] is not correct (site reports the document has been removed)
- Section 1.5 (in the HTML version) has table formatting issues similar to those described for Part 2.
- In SectionÂ1.5, Table 6, there is a reference to "Part2" which is probably intended to be "Part 4"Â
- In Section 19.628, Figure 1 vanished in the HTML generation. It is identified as "Frame 8", a PNG object.Â
[This issue was discovered and corrected during publication, but it remains in the source ODT file.]
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society