Subject: [OpenFormula] Return type of EDATE and EOMONTH functions

Hi,

I'm a developer working on HyperFormula - a _javascript_ formula calculation engine: https://hyperformula.handsontable.com/

We try to follow the OpenFormula 1.3 specification: https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/os/part4-formula/OpenDocument-v1.3-os-part4-formula.html

I have a question about functions EDATE and EOMONTH. The specification states that their return type should be Number, but for me, it seems more logical to return Date from these 2 functions. The numbers returned by EDATE and EOMONTH are not "just numbers" they represent dates in the same way as in functions TODAY, DATE, etc.

Link to the discussion on that topic in our project repository: https://github.com/handsontable/hyperformula/issues/1083

Jakub SÄkowski
Developer | Handsoncode

E-mail: jakub.sekowski@handsontable.com