Subject: Re: [office-formula] Request for Introductions - Please, introduce yourself to us!

On 2/24/06, David A. Wheeler <dwheeler@dwheeler.com> wrote:
> Could everyone on the office-formula mailing list introduce themselves
> to everyone else, by doing a "reply-all" to this email?

Introduction, here I am.

My name's Tomas Mecir, call me Tomas or however you want, as long as I
figure out you mean me, it's fine.

As for my education/background ... I have a diploma in Computer
Science, I think it's the equivalent of M.S. I'm currently operating
as a freelance developer, and I'm lazy like that.

I am here through the OpenDocument foundation, like everyone else.

Now to the more interesting things.
I am a developer of the KSpread spreadsheet (part of KOffice). I have
an interest in the computation stuff, having completely revamped the
formula engine of this application (version 1.5, containing the
result, will soon be released). My interest in spreadsheets is
therefore more from the geeky perspective, as I'm mostly delving into
things that your next-door secretary surely wouldn't ever dare
touching.

With my education, I have some grasp of the maths behind, so you can
expect occasional comments on that aspect as well.

What I want to achieve ... well, having a nice standard for
spreadsheet formulas would be a nice first step. Especially if it
actually gets used.

What to add ... I'm a firm believer in designing stuff to be as
flexible, extensible and universal, as possible. So, as a result, and
as a fore-warning, anyone using "because excel/oo/insert-any-other-app
does it that way", as an actual argument, without any other claims to
back things up,can expect to hear from me ... a lot :)

Okies, I think you're already getting more than you wanted to hear, so
I'll leave it at that.

Oh, in case it's relevant, I'm from central Eurupe, Slovakia, UTC+1.
Also, IRC is the closest thing to real-time conversation that I'm
willing to use.

/ Tomas