Subject: Re: [office-formula] Key Issues

On 2/27/06, robert_weir@us.ibm.com <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>  For example, advanced financial function and advanced
> math functions are not going to be used by the same user.  But I could
> imagine a PDF-based implementation used by an optical engineer which needs
> that Bessel function but would waste a lot of memory if they had to fully
> implement Level 4.

Nobody is saying that they HAVE to implement everything ... They can
implement just what they need, saying they have support for, say,
Level 1, plus bessel functions from Level 4. Hmm, thinking of which,
we could break each level into parts - I think this would be a good
compromise between the level-based approach and the package-based one.
Each level except the first one(s) could have packages, so that
partial implementations are possible, but all packages need to be in
for "full support of Level X to be claimable"

/ Tomas