Subject: RE: [office-formula] Include user interface?

Not sure how useful this Chan/Storey paper is, some info that might be
relevant: Table 6 lists activities that people use spreadsheets for.
Table 11 rates the use of specific spreadsheet functionality.

Table 6 Most frequently performed analyses

Analysis		Respondents		Percentage
Asset valuation		3 		1.7
Financial reporting 	14		7.9
Cost/Benefit		11		6.2
Cash-Flow			3		1.7
Financial statements	13		7.3
Forecasting			22		12.4
Market			2		1.1
Variance			16		9.0
Pricing or profitability 26		14.6
Statistical			26 		14.6
Other				60		33.7

Table 11 Mean scores for spreadsheet functions
Function			Mean score
Database			2.79
Financial			2.83
Goal-seeking		2.04
Graphics			3.13
Import/Export		3.07
Linking			2.93
Macro language		3.21
Mathematical/Statistical 3.93
"What-if"			3.00

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman