Subject: Re: [office-formula] Semantics

David A. Wheeler wrote:
> Yet another alternative is to try to accept both "," and "." as
> decimal points.  That risks ambiguity unless you FORBID
> thousands separators, and I don't think anyone DOES it
> (suggesting it's not actually that useful).  I don't actually think
> that'd be a good idea, but it's worth mentioning for completeness.

I wouldn't want to accept both "," and "."; nor would I want a thousands
separator. I don't see any reason why the format can't use the C locale
and use ISO dates. These fields aren't for human consumption anyways.
They are for developers, and a developer wants an easier to support format.

Is there an ISO standard for decimal numbers? If there is we should use
it. That would be easier to justify than using C locale.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org