Subject: Re: [office-formula] Grouping functions and capabilities

Thinking outside of the spec for a second -- I'm wondering if there is a better way to solve this problem?  Why do we have implementations that only support a subset of a functions capabilities?  Lack of code?  If so, let's get the full implementations of all of the code available as open source under a licence that allows everyone to use it.  Solve the problem that way.

I'm thinking if we have only a small number of functions like that, getting the code available may solve the problem.  If we have a large number of functions like that, then we have a bigger problem.

I'd rather not specify a mess just because the mess exists.  I'd rather specify the way things should be and then make it easy for implementations to catch up.

-Rob