Subject: Re: [office-formula] Names/namespace: OpenFormula, calc, etc.

On Sat, 2006-15-07 at 11:02 -0400, David A. Wheeler wrote:
> 1. Should we (continue) to call this language "OpenFormula"?

I think we should, yes. It's a good name, and one everyone already
understands.

> 2. Is everyone content with the current proposed prefix and namespace?
> The current draft recommends using the “calc:” prefix, and uses the
> namespace “urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:calc:1.0“.

I think calc is as good as any. It's not fantastic, but I can't think of
anything better (you already listed the problems with "formula:"). Maybe
"spread" or "of" would be ok too, but does it really matter?

> Please complain now, or accept.  It can take a long time for external
> documents/readers/etc. to adjust to a new name, so I'd rather freeze
> the name NOW.  The namespace in particular is critical, because readers
> won't be able to identify the format without the right name.

No complaints. I'm happy with whatever you pick.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
  "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the

This is a digitally signed message part