Subject: VALUEL parameters?

We do have one committee invention here, VALUEL, to handle
the problem that there seems to be no gentle way to deal with
internationalized values.  The first version had "locale", but that
requires all implementors to know all locales.. not practical.

We have a new proposal:
VALUEL( v; decimalseparator [[;groupseparator [;dateseparator]] ... )
I think that's the better APPROACH, but we need the right list
of parameters.  Can anyone look at what's required to fully
internationalize VALUE, so that we can have the right parameters listed?