Subject: 1-2-3v9.8 @Function Help File (ssfn70en.hlp) in a variety of formats

Folks, we now have the Lotus 1-2-3 help documentation available in
a variety of formats.  We have many other data sources already, but
this is one we're legally allowed to cut and paste from.

You can get the original file in ".hlp" format here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/document.php?document_id=19276

I then used "ABC Amber HLP Converter" to convert the file
to other formats.  If you're interested in this program, it's available at:
  http://www.processtext.com/abchlp.html
I used the 30-day trial version, but I think I may buy me a copy
(it's only $19.95, and it was remarkably good at doing the job!).

Anyway, the final results are here:

ODT:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/19295/lotus123v9-ssfn70en.odt

Zipped HTML:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/19296/lotus123v9-as-html.zip

PDF (HUGE FILE!)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/19297/lotus123v9-ssfn70en.pdf

One point of amusement: the translator generated a 2293KB ".doc" file;
when that was translated to .odt format, it became 141KB (!), and it still
retained the formatting, images, hypertext links, etc.

Below is Robert Weir's announcement about the original file: