Subject: Re: [office-formula] Updated test suite program

Daniel Carrera scribbled:
> I'm back from FLOSSIE/LugRadio and I've been working on the test suite
> program. It's going well, and you can download it from here:
> http://daniel.carrera.name/odf/testsuite-generator.tgz

Thanks so much for doing that!  It's a great tool.
It also shows the power of having an XML-based
document language (especially one as clean as OpenDocument is).

I'd encourage anyone who's writing draft pieces of the spec
to give it a whirl.  You can easily feed results directly
to OpenOffice.org, StarOffice, and KOffice today, and by
saving in .xls format, test with many other spreadsheet implementations.
By creating test suites that rigorously beat on the undocumented,
we can quickly identify the areas where there's general agreement...
and areas where there is not.