Subject: which functions

I thought that perhaps I should elaborate a bit more on my last message
with respect to which functions to be included in a standard:

GNumeric has two functions called
BINOMDIST(x,n,p,FALSE)
and
R.DBINOM(x,n,p,FALSE)
that both supposedly do the same thing:
they claim to return the probability of x successes in a binomial
experiment of n trials with propability p of success in any given trial.

The former tries to behave like EXCEL's implementation. OOo's
implementation of the function of that same name match Excel's
iplementation.

>From a mathematical point of view BINOMDIST has serious issues, for
example:
BINOMDIST(0.5,10,0.2,FALSE) is 0.107 rather than 0
BINOMDIST(11,10,0.2,FALSE) is an Error rather than 0

etc.

So in my mind it would make more sense to have something like R.DBINOM
that behaves more appropriately.

Andreas