Subject: Re: [office-formula] Syntax loose ends: inline error names,

On Fri, 2006-28-07 at 19:50 -0400, David A. Wheeler wrote:
> Andreas J Guelzow says:
> > (For obvious reasons) I like the Gnumeric version:
> > Sheet1.print_area   refers to the named expression in sheet scope of
> > Sheet1 if there is such an expression defined otherwise it refers to the
> > expression in workbook scope.
> > .print_area simply replaces Sheet1 with the local sheet.
>
> I like the idea, worry about ambiguity.  What is this?:
>   'file:///local'.print_area

Maybe more first we should consider what is
Sheet1.A1

1) cell A1 in table Sheet1
2) value of named range or expression called A1 in table Sheet1
3) value of named range or expression called Sheet1.A1 in current table

oh boy

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences