Subject: Re: [office-formula] Syntax issues

Original text:

Andreas J. Guelzow said:
> Gnumeric will default to the global name. In fact without that fall back
> there would be little need for sheet-local and global names since then
> sheet-local names could be eumulated by a naming scheme.
>
> For example I want to be able to access the database used on Sheet1,
> which may be the global database.

Um, agree, but I don't think that's what Eike was asking about.
Obviously what I wrote was unclear - sorry, let me try again.

Clearly, in this construct:
You better look at sheet Sheet1 for the variable "Hello".

But let's say that you have a sheet-local reference, but there is
NO sheet-local variable defined (no "Hello"); what should the spec require next?
1. Look for a global name, and return that if found (and error if not).
2. Error out, because there wasn't a sheet-local name?
3. Do either of the above (implementation-defined which one)?

Current text is (1).