Subject: Fwd: [office-comment] [formula] query / comment on XOR()

Hi,

Brad gave a valid objection on the comment list.

Adhoc I'd also expect a TRUE in the case of =XOR(TRUE();TRUE();TRUE()).
It depends though whether =XOR(1;1;1) should be identical to
((1 XOR 1) XOR 1) or exactly one and only one out of a list must be TRUE
for this function to return true.

Opinions? Gnumeric returns TRUE for XOR(1;1;1).

Regarding the line mentioning I think that was meant as a pointer to how
the XOR function could behave similar to the OR function when no
parameter given. The sentence before that reads "When given zero
parameters, applications may return a Logical value or an error."
I think that should be removed and the syntax changed to {Logical L}+
instead of {Logical L}*. The constraints already say "Must have 1 or
more parameters".

Objections?

  Eike

----- Forwarded message from Brad Hards <bradh@frogmouth.net> -----

Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:59:26 +1100
Subject: [office-comment] [formula] query / comment on XOR()

The 20070201 version of the openformula spec contains a description of XOR in
6.13.7.

The problem I have is that my expectation for XOR is that the output is true
if an odd number of inputs are true, and false if an even number of inputs
are true (from binary logic).
Should "=XOR(TRUE(),TRUE(),TRUE())" return true (my expectation) or false (per
the current specification)?

Also, there is a stray (yellow'd) comment line that isn't related to XOR.

Brad

----- End forwarded message -----