Subject: Re: [office-formula] MIN/MAX/MINA/MAXA and no value, zero?

I think of it like this:

If a user passes in a range to the function, then the range may contain numbers at one point and no numbers at another point.  In fact the person who entered the spreadsheet formulas may be a different person than the person who enters the numbers.  It is quite common for one person to define the model, enter the formulas, and make the formula cells read-only and define other ranges for the user to enter data.  So during the process of data entry the range may at one moment have nothing, and at another moment having numbers.

On the other hand, a function that is passed zero arguments will never become correct by the process of data entry.  It will never change unless someone changes the formula.

-Rob