Subject: Re: [office-formula] Conversion to Logical from Text

Hi Tomas,

On Wednesday, 2007-03-21 18:02:44 +0100, Tomas Mecir wrote:

> >Kspread generates an error for everything.
>
> You must have some ancient version or something,

Well, yes, I have what Debian sarge-backports offers me, which currently
is 1:1.4.2-6bpo1. I didn't upgrade to testing's 1:1.6.1-2 because it
would need a newer libc6 that I had issues with in my current setup. So,
testing behavior with 1.4 is actually quite useless for our purposes?

> KSpread 1.6 doesn't generate an error in most of those cases (with the
> exception of single-parameter and, where it expects 2+ params), but
> generally behaves similarly to OOo, with the exception that inline
> text and cell references behave the same way.

My recommendation for all those cases, also in OOo, would be to generate
an error whenever text is to be converted to number or logical. Doing so
would at least clearly indicate to the user that something in the
document was setup in a way it's not supposed to. The way things are
converted now make it work sometimes and may fail in other cases.