Subject: Re: [office-formula] YEARFRAC/Basis in more detail

Eike Rathke:
> As Andreas already mentioned, the values differ in different releases of
> Excel. What we could do though is to compare a separate (own)
> implementation of the algorithms described in the ISDA market
> conventions http://www.isda.org/c_and_a/pdf/mktc1198.pdf with results of
> Excel 2003 or later, assuming they were correcting things in 2000
> instead of worsening.. If identical, which hopefully will be the case,
> we could be pretty sure and digest some neat definition from that ISDA
> document's formulas.

Right.  But the ISDA formulas actually define SEVERAL different basis approaches, so doing the test cases is necessary to make sure we match formulas correctly.  (I recall that the ISDA includes one approach that matches NO basis value for example.)

What we need now is a VOLUNTEER.  This thread has identified a number of useful references, and outlined how to proceed so that we can eliminate this issue (which was one of the 3 major comments we've received).  Anyone?