Subject: Re: [office-formula] Considering IFERROR function: Add IFNA andIFERROR

David A. Wheeler wrote:
> > Actually, how about IFERROR and a new function, IFNA?

Eike Rathke:
> I like the idea behind IFNA additionally to IFERROR to distinguish this
> case.

Excellent!  Unless there's a complaint ASAP, I will add drafts for these two functions (IFERROR and IFNA).  Since MOOX has the default value as "", I intend to do the same for IFERROR, and for consistency do that with IFNA as well.

> In the current state of the spec only LOOKUP, VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP
> are defined to return NA() though if the lookup value isn't found.
>[and FIND and SEARCH...]

> What other functions would we need to define to return NA() on some
> condition?

Well, there's always NA()   :-).  Seriously, I think that's enough.  We have a number of search functions that return NA(), and now we can easily change what NA does using IFNA().  Similarly with general errors.

> I think IFEQ would be only confusing..

Okay.  I think the utility of IFEQ goes _way_ down once IFNA() and IFERROR() are included, so let's drop IFEQ().