Subject: Re: [office-formula] tinv and friends

Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

> >> In the current draft functions such as TINV require the degree of
> >> freedom to be an integer that is at least 1. Our don't see a
> >> mathematical reason for the "integer" requirement.

Why not make this a Portability Constraint, and state that applications MAY support non-integer degrees of freedombut are not REQUIRED to.  That way, applications CAN support them, but since most spreadsheet users don't seem to need it, it's not an overall requirement.

We have at least implementation (Gnumeric) that is implementing non-integer degrees of freedom, and it seems like a sensible extension.