Subject: Re: [office-formula] Functions not assigned to any group

Hi Andreas,

On Monday, 2007-11-19 11:00:54 -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

> > LEGACY.FDIST            medium
> > LEGACY.FINV             medium
> > LEGACY.NORMSDIST        medium
> > LEGACY.NORMSINV         medium
>
> I guess there good be an argument made for these to be included in small
> (virtually everybody has them already anyways) or in huge (nobody should
> really need them exact to handle legacy documents)

I assigned them to 'medium' because the "derived" functions like FDIST
and such are in medium as well. As the LEGACY.* functions are
implemented by almost every spreadsheet application, I guess, we could
as well put them into 'small' instead of 'medium', I think that's more
a question of how "smaller" applications like Spreadsheet To Go
implement them. As I don't have access to such an application I'm asking
whether they do support these LEAGACY.* functions?

On the other hand, no application (IMHO) so far supports the FDIST, ...
functions (without LEGACY.) with the Cumulative parameter, so maybe
those functions should go into the 'large' group instead?

PGP signature