Subject: Re: [office-formula] Add FFT() to formula spec?

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 21:44 -0500, David A. Wheeler wrote:
> Andreas J Guelzow:
> > I had the impression that in the past we never even entertained
> > suggestions for functions (or extension to functions) that weren't
> > implemented by at least one program that supported ODF.
>
> Our general rule has been that it had to be at least one spreadsheet,
> whether not it supported ODF.  (We've made a few exceptions, primarily on
> the grounds of portability/internationalization.)  In this case, we have an
> example - Excel. It doesn't support it the same way but we do have an example.

Well, it is my understanding that while Excel provides a fast fourier
transform in an add-on datapack, the proposal goes well beyond that. I
have found that sometimes implementing a function shows the true
problems that one doesn't see when one is just writing a specs. So I
would feel much more comfortable if we could _first_ see it implemented
before adding it to the openformula specifications.

Andreas

--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences
Concordia University College of Alberta