Subject: Re: [office-formula] Change process for OpenFormula

Sending this to the main list, since the question is relevant to all
subcommittees.

New proposals != Fixing defects.  The deadlines we agreed to today are for
new feature proposals, i.e., members proposals to add new functionality to
ODF 1.2.

If you find a bug, or an incomplete or ambiguous description, then these
are not included in the new proposal deadline.

We do not currently have a defined formal process for fixing bugs in the
draft.  Most people are just posting bugs to the list, or sending to
Patrick directly.  As we shift from proposal processing into final editing
and review, we'll probably want to adopt an agreed-upon mechanism for
reporting defects in the draft and tracking them to ensure they are fixed.
 We might use the wiki for this, rr Kavi action items or JIRA.  My guess
is the quantity, in addition to public review comments will be more than
we want to track informally via emails.

Regards,

-Rob

Eric Patterson <ericpa@exchange.microsoft.com> wrote on 12/08/2008