Subject: 6.3.7 Infix Operator "<>"

Greetings!

Under Semantics we say:

> Note that if either Left and Right are an error, the result is an
> error; this operator cannot be used to determine if two errors are the
> same kind of error.

Instead of None for constraints, shouldn't the possible values of Left
or Right exclude an error?

Then if the general rule is violation of constraint is an error then we
can drop this sentence altogether.

Actually, I would simply define the value types for Left and Right. No
need to state a separate constraint.

That would require saying that violation of value types for input or
output of any function results in an error.

Is that a desirable result?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34