Subject: General comment on "if value is of type"

Greetings!

This is something that I encountered in part 1 and that I have seen in
several places in part 2.

Take 6.2.6 Conversion to NumberSequence

"If the expected type is NumberSequence, then if value is of type:"

That should read (leaving aside other issues):

"If the expected type is NumberSequence, then if *a* value is of type:"

It is a similar issue to:

6.7.2 IMABS

That should read (leaving aside other issues):

Without the highlighting in both cases.

What is at issue is that we want to define the result for any value, not
some value in particular, unless that is what we mean.

Notice in the same example that "the absolute value" is correct.

That is because any complex number has one and only one absolute value.
So it is proper to refer to "the absolute value of a complex number."

These will all need to be corrected before the draft can progress. Any
and all assistance in spotting and correcting these issues is greatly
appreciated.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34