Subject: [office-formula] 6.9.13 NETWORKDAYS

Reading the definition of the NETWORKDAYS() function in the current draft of the specification, I see that the function definition includes an optional 4th parameter.  Microsoft Excel's definition of this function only includes 3 parameters.

I'm trying to understand the implications of this.  If the intent of OpenFormula is to create a portable syntax how should differences like this be handled?  Implementers that only use the first 3 parameters could share documents, but what is expected if the 4th parameter is included in a document?  I would expect it to return an error value to provide a warning to the user.

What effect would implementing only the first 3 parameters have on application and document conformance?

Thanks,
Eric Patterson