Subject: RE: [office-formula] Test Case Data for SUMPRODUCT() (Section6.4.5)

David,

Have you had a chance to search for a previous copy of the test case data that included values in the range A41:N43?

Thanks,
Eric Patterson

-----Original Message-----
From: Eike.Rathke@sun.com [mailto:Eike.Rathke@sun.com] On Behalf Of Eike Rathke
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 9:24 AM
To: office-formula@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Eric,

On Friday, 2009-02-13 00:01:26 +0000, Eric Patterson wrote:

> One of the test cases listed for the SUMPRODUCT() function is as follows:
>
> =SUMPRODUCT([.A41:.C43];[.A41:.C43])
>
> The test case data in section 2.4 doesn't have any data in cells A1:C43.  What is expected here?

Indeed, there's something missing.

Several functions' test cases refer data in the range A41:N43, i.e.
MDETERM, MINVERSE, MMULT, MUNIT, SUMPRODUCT, SUMX2MY2, SUMX2PY2, SUMXMY2 and TRANSPOSE, one may easily check searching with the regular expression \[\..4.:\..4.\]

That seems to had been matrix test case data.

Also earlier and very early revisions of the draft are lacking it. The matrix functions' test cases using it were introduced with revision 19 of the draft, http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/20175/openformula-20060906.odt

David, could you dig out who contributed that and maybe where the data was lost during transfer and whether it could be retrieved? If not, we'd have to create a new data set and adapt test cases using it.

Automatic string conversions considered dangerous. They are the GOTO statements of spreadsheets.  --Robert Weir on the OpenDocument formula subcommittee's list.