Subject: Re: [office-formula] Calculation Settings

Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> I think what one really should want is a specification of the serial
> number matching 1904-1-1 and a statement how days and changes in serial
> numbers are related.

Oh, *now* I see what you mean.  Sometimes it takes being hit over the
head with a 2x4 :-).  Thanks for persevering.

That's a good plan.  Would you mind proposing the specific changed text,
since you noticed this?  Robert Weir wants to describe the whole thing
as a separate type, but it'd clearly be easier to simply make this
clarification instead.  And even if eventually we described it as a
separate type (which I'm not sure we really should do since ISNUMBER()
etc. reveal they're really numbers), we would STILL want this clarification.