Subject: Re: [office-formula] Implementation-defined, Unspecified, and Undefinedbehaviors in OpenFormula

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Would it be worth taking a declarative approach on some of these?

I doubt it, but I'd like to know what others think.

I believe the goal is NOT to have zero implementation-defined items.  I
believe, and I suspect you agree, that the goal is interoperability.  If
some decision doesn't harm interoperability in real life, then having it
implementation-defined is a non-issue. In fact, prematurely specifying
something where there is disagreement can make things worse.