Subject: Re: [office-formula] OFFICE-2164: EASTERSUNDAY

Hi Andreas,

On Monday, 2009-10-26 10:05:21 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

> Please see my comment in the JIRA issue. Does this proposal indicate
> that you are open to adding also the many of other functions that are
> implemented by Gnumeric if I add appropriate proposals?
>
> (Somehow I suspect that th\is proposal was initiated by a bug report I
> filed against OOo, since OOo saves this function without the
> ORG.OPENOFFICE. prefix.)

Nothing to be suspicious of, yes, your OOo issue initiated this. When
adding OpenFormula support to OOoCalc I overlooked that EASTERSUNDAY()
was not defined.

I would be willing to add a few (!) new function definitions to
OpenFormula for ODF 1.2 if

1. Adding the function has a clear benefit and adds functionality that
   can not be achieved otherwise.

2. There exist 1 or more implementations of the function.

3. The function is not controversially discussed.

4. The Proposal field's content is sufficient to define the function and
   can be copied almost as is to the specification document

Because of #3 I tend to withdraw my proposal and postpone to ODF-Next.

PGP signature