Subject: Re: [office-formula] General question (not yet a JIRA issue)

Andreas,

Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
<snip>
>> Well, but saying that a "portable" document doesn't accept some
>> particular value isn't the same thing as saying that a portable document
>> doesn't support Logical type.
>>

> But it does mean that a portable document cannot use the TYPE function
> if the final return value of the expression may depend on whether the
> evaluator has a distinct Logical type or not.

Well, I have been (justly in some cases) of writing obscure material.

Let's just say this rule wasn't expressed as clearly as possible. ;-)

I am looking forward to learning more about what can/should be done with
the portable document material. Depending on how that is to be treated,
I suspect there are a number of things that can be done to make the
rules for such text clearer.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)