Subject: Re: [office-formula] NPV

Andreas,

Andreas J Guelzow wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 11:15 -0500, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> Note that NPV lacks parameters in the usual sense of the current draft.
>>

> I think you are considering "usual" what you are seeing in the financial
> functions section. It is not done that way in any of the other sections
> (I think) and is completely pointless to do there (or in the financial
> function section either).

Sure, it wasn't a comment that NPV should or should not have them, but
that it departs from the practice in the other financial functions.

I will have to think more about how to raise the issue but it seems to
me that the "parameters" were chosen to convey semantics that were not
fully specified.

Hope you are having a great evening!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34