Subject: Portability notes (was: [office-formula] Groups -OpenDocument-part2-draft18-editor-revision(OpenDocument-part2-draft18-editor-revision.odt) uploaded)

Hi Patrick,

On Tuesday, 2010-02-02 09:32:09 -0500, Patrick Durusau wrote:

>> Earlier we agreed to convert portable documents language to portability
>> notes, and in a second step turn parts of those notes to normative text
>> where necessary.
>>
> No, we agreed that I would examine the text and mark all the portability
> material, of which there is a considerable amount.
>
> Some of the options for disposition of that material included
> portability notes and/or normative text.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-formula/200912/msg00092.html
AFAIK no one objected to Michael's proposal, we only had some discussion
about details. Robert and me basically supported the proposal.

> There was no agreement that *all* of the various portability material
> would either become a portability note or would become normative text.

No formal agreement, call it tacit agreement, tacit approval, ... (had
to look those up).

In
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-formula/200912/msg00100.html
you said
| I am creating a "PortabilityNote" style for all the portability notes
| which will enable us to search for them by style. As we resolve them,
| they will become subject to other styles, true notes, normative text,
| etc.

To me that sounds like you agreed as well.

> Which would result in all of the current portability material remaining
> in the text under one guise or another.

We may drop things on a case by case basis, but the default should be to
turn the portability material to either note (probably appropriate in
most cases) or normative text.

> That has never been asked nor answered in any decision taken by the TC
> or the formula SC.

The formula SC's working style usually does not need formal decisions.
Common sense, consensus and absence of objection so far were sufficient.
Do we suddenly need to change that?

PGP signature