Subject: Re: [office-formula] Portable documents language

Andreas,

Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

<snip>
>> Willing to be surprised if you have a regex that will neatly solve this
>> issue!
>>

> ( [A-Za-z]+[0-9]+ )
>
> describes exactly the cell references. So I am not sure why you don't
> like that.

Don't like it because your regex would prohibits all names that are
ASCII letters followed by digits.

Solves the problem, yes, but fails to recognize that users may already
have names that look like cell references.

Or do you mean to exclude all documents with such identifiers from being
"portable?"

The regex needs to be re-written anyway to correct the other error so I
would rather this be done once.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)