Subject: Re: [office-formula] Straw poll - slug (and lightyear)

> PS: I can also insert more exact measurements for Astronomical Unit,
> Parsec and Megaparsec if anyone is interested.

Table 5 here:
http://www.iau.org/science/publications/proceedings_rules/units/

This is cited from "IAU Style Manual" by G.A. Wilkins, Comm. 5, in IAU
Transactions XXB (1989)

But the problem will be that some units, like the astronomical unit (au)
are known only empirically.  So a new scientific paper can come out
tomorrow and change the value at the 8th decimal place.  So do we mandate
a specific value, based on the latest determinations?  Or leave it
floating?  Treat it like a registry?

From a end-user perspective, I think I'd expect to use the latest values.

-Rob.