Subject: Index table (was: [office-formula] Groups - OpenDocument FormulaSpecification Draft26 Editor Revision 2010-04-29 (ODT)(OpenDocument-part2-draft26-editor-revision_with_index.odt)uploaded)

Hi Patrick,

On Tuesday, 2010-05-04 00:07:26 +0000, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> 1) Note that the index is picking up words out of the text that are the
> same as function names.

> 2) There are pages of "@" signs which I can't explain. I am uploading the
> *.sdi file if anyone wants to see if they get the same results.

Yes, have them also here, and as you found out these appear to be
generated by the N() and T() functions as the indexer picked up
substrings.

To prevent #2 and #3 it should suffice to check "Match case" and "Word
only" in the Edit Concordance File dialog. You have to check every
single entry, but luckily the *.sdi file is a semicolon separated text
file and doing s/[01];[01]$/1;1/ fixes that, I'm attaching the result.
However, unfortunately that seems to be ignored in the current OOo
version I tried, maybe Patrick has more luck with that.

> 3) The material on notes is being picked up in the index, so we need to
> remove the examples, etc. before indexing.

This is the same as with the table of contents, we have to regenerate
that in a version where annotations and test cases are removed.

> To do the indexing under functions, a more sophisticated concordance file
> would have to be generated that listed each function and then the functions
> that appear as cross-references.

I guess the only way to have a clean index is to manually (or maybe per
XSLT) mark the function headers to be indexed.

If using the case significant words only concordance file doesn't fix
these issues then please don't continue with the index at the moment and
remove it for the next upload. I think we then should drop that approach
for CD3 and maybe find a solution for the final version. I'm not sure if
an index is normative material, but I don't think so, then adding an
index shouldn't be a problem.

Btw, how did you initially create the concordance file?

PGP signature