Subject: RE: [office-formula] Summary 2010-07-27 of OpenFormula meeting

For tomorrow's call, in addition to going through the "Needs-Discussion" issues, can we also go through the 31 unsresolved/untargeted issues and try to decide if they should be targeted to CD06 or ODF-Next?  Some of these issues are pretty stale.

I believe this link is for this class of issues:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&pid=10027&resolution=-1&component=10023&fixfor=-1&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=ASC

-Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: David A. Wheeler [mailto:dwheeler@dwheeler.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:16 AM
To: office-formula@lists.oasis-open.org

Summary 2010-07-27 of OpenFormula meeting

(As always, please reply-all with corrections.)

Attendees:
David A. Wheeler
Rob Weir
Eric Patterson
Eike Rathke
Dennis Hamilton
Patrick D.
Andreas G.

NOTE: Because we now have more issues to resolve, we will meet against NEXT WEEK.  David A. Wheeler has a conflicting conference; he will try to dial in, but Rob Weir will run the teleconference if Wheeler cannot make it.

Note: For our current status, see the dashboard:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10056

TOPICS:

As usual, we went through NEEDS-DISCUSSION items.

* OFFICE-3021
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3021

We had a kong discussion to see if there is an ambiguity in the first place.

Eric: I agree; you need to start the string with something else...
so there *is* no ambiguity.

(This needs more discussion.)

* OFFICE-3029
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3029

Does the "of:" come at the beginning of the entire condition's attribute?
Or, something else?  See 19.588.  Prefix is on *whole* attribute.

Eric: Need to make it clear that it applies to the whole attribute.

What about if table:condition uses "of:" for openformula?!?

There's another specialized language for items like table:condition, e.g.,

The issue is that the definition of table:condition adds a link to part 2 (openformula), but then there's no way to end them.

This is a part 1 / part 2 connection issue.

Patrick will examine.

* OFFICE-2893
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2893

* OFFICE-3041
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3041

Wheeler: If you go beyond the required range (48 bits), the result is implementation-defined.

Rob: Whereever we talk about the minimum number of bits.
"The number of bits supported in bit operations is implementation-defined, but shall be at least 48 bits".

All agreed, Eric will complete.

* OFFICE-3040
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3040

(Change in denominator.)

?: Is rate required to be greater than 0?
Can't be less than zero due to log function.

Rob W. will pick this up, including noting valid rate values.

* OFFICE-3039
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3039

HPh: Talk with David Wheeler.

Eike: "pc" for parsec is implemented by OpenOffice.org.

Wheeler: It's not ambiguous; if a phrase can be a unit name
*OR* a prefixed unit name, it is always the unit name per the spec.

Wheeler will pick this issue up (look up k vs. K, etc.).

* OFFICE-3042
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3042

Perhaps have a prefix that indicates a "future function".