Subject: Summary 2010-10-12 of OpenFormula meeting

Summary 2010-10-12 of OpenFormula meeting

(As always, please reply-all with corrections.)

Attendees:
David A. Wheeler
Eric Patterson
Andreas G.
Eike Rathke
Rob Weir
Dennis Hamilton
Patrick D.

Originally we were starting here:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageID=10056

But at this point, all unresolved issues are an issue, so
Rob Weir and David A. Wheeler pointed to specific numbers.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2209

Numeric models - we don't have that level of detail any more,
and the test cases are no longer there.

There's a separate comment that addresses removing the numeric models
(2603), that was resolved.

Resolved this with "no action".

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2226

Rob will try to resolve by end of week.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2245

There is no need for a second parameter in ISOWEEKNUM.

Group agreed to DROP the second parameter in ISOWEEKNUM.

Text must be modified to:
In ISO 8601, the first week is the week with the first Thursday (equivalently, the first week with Jan. 4),
and weeks start on Monday.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2248

This is just a "keep clarifying" comment.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2253

Use the DB definition for "salvage".

Unclear if we can/should handle negative values for salvage.

Dennis: I think we should say nothing.

: Do OOo and Excel allow negative numbers?  Both seem to.

Dennis: Then just leave it alone.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2258

French accounting system.

OOXML definition uses 3 fixed coefficients.
There seems to be a difference.
So, what does Excel actually do?

Andreas: We're all over the place.  Excel returns an error for 4.5,
OOo and Gnumeric sometimes produce different values.

Wheeler: I think we should drop it.  We can re-introduce it in a
future addition.

RESOLUTION: Remove AMORDEGRC function, and references to AMORDEGRC everywhere.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2260

Rob will track down the definition this week.

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2470

Wheeler: Note that the IF functions only evaluate the second or third parameters,
based on the first one.

Eric: I agree with Eike, not always L-to-R.

Eike will take this on.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2704

ACCRINT.

Rob: Hard to turn this into an algorithm.
It doesn't even have a BASIS, and 365-day years don't easily divide into halves and quarters.

NOTE: This DOES have an optional BASIS parameter in practice, but the spec
doesn't have it.
Excel has an optional "calculation method" parameter as well.
(Basis, then optional).

MUST change this function; the definition doesn't match implementations.

RESOLUTION: Add optional Basis parameter with conventional default value.
Must modify constraint.

RESOLUTION: Rob will finish this off this week, basing it on the Excel definition
(as posted).

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2751

Eric & Dennis H will work on this this week.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3029

Dennis H will do this week.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3041

Dennis: Condition is insufficient.
It needs to be receive *OR* PRODUCE a value.

Dennis will do ASAP.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3042

Eric: I think we're in agreement, just need update it.
Will do this week.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3323
and -3325

Dennis will fix.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3340

This is resolved, Eric will add the description text as the proposal,
then mark it as resolved.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3435

(Have proposal.)

* OVERALL:

Eric: We should probably show up next Monday, to discuss
what cannot be pushed to ODF-Next.

If you think it's important, set it to a high priority or blocker.

We will meet next week.