Subject: RE: [office-formula] Summary 2010-10-26 of OpenFormula meeting

By the time I came on the call, we were using this one:
<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&req
uestId=10132>.

-----Original Message-----
From: David A. Wheeler [mailto:dwheeler@dwheeler.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 09:09
To: office-formula@lists.oasis-open.org

Summary 2010-10-26 of OpenFormula meeting

(As always, please reply-all with corrections.)

Attendees:
David A. Wheeler
Andreas G.
Eric Patterson
Eike Rathke
Patrick D.
Dennis Hamilton

=======

Not present: Rob Weir

We started here and looked at unresolved issues:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageID=10056

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3492

Wheeler: In some cases, express the value as a sequence of values multiplied
together.
E.G., feel free to express light-year as:
 (299 792 458 m/s) (3600 s/hr) (24 hr/day) (365.25 day/year)
Some of the values are FAR easier to express as multiplied values,
and I want the values in the spec to be exact if that's possible.

Eric: I'm fine with that.

Eike will be doing that today.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2470

Eike will do that today too.

Wheeler: Everyone, please look that over.
Out-to-in.  Beware of "IF" function.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3468

Group agreed with resolution - remove last sentence about empty cells, these
aren't specific to the function.

( http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2248 Housekeeping )

( http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2710 Part 1)

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3029

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3493

istrue-formula OKAY.

Eric: I fully support this.

* http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3494

CURRENTVALUE() - really added for database queries.

Discussion: What happens when you load it?  Implementations
don't HAVE to save the number, they could just save the numbers.

Dennis: Does anyone write files without the previous value?

Eric/Eike: We don't look at the "current value", we recalculate the value.

Eric: This isn't implementable in any spreadsheet implementation I know of.

Long discussion about dependencies.

Wheeler: This is really intended for table:condition, etc.

Dennis: I'm okay with leaving this out of all the categories.
Will remove it out of all groups, and fix semantics to discuss the
use case (i.e., "for conditions where you might not be recalculating a
cell, e.g., for filters").

We will meet next week.