Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Backward compatibility mechanism (achieved by thepreserving of information not understood)

Not having an metadata implementation proposal in front of us , just use cases,  how sure are we that the ultimate implementation will allow us to distinguish metadata from foreign content?   I guess we should just say that this use case merely motivates a requirement that all metadata be preserved, and that the implications for ODF 1.0, section 1.5, if any, will fall out of the implementation phase of this subcommittee.

-Rob